Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Can't fall asleep.

Sometimes I wonder how many other people listened to bonnie 'prince' billy, a tribe called quest, and the polyphonic spree today. Do I need to meet these people? Should I start a fan club that includes all three just to find out? What would I call it? Would there be dues? Would I continue to be a part of the club were I ever voted out as president?

I hope Martha Stewart goes to jail for a long, long time. There's just something about her. She's shifty. I don't like her demeanor. And I think she would kill people for a living if someone offered her job like that. Never turn your back on her.

Today I climbed the fire escape to my roof. It was after sunset, so I took a flashlight to read Time magazine. I need to do this more often.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition might be end result of the evolution of television. All other programs were made in order to produce this. Television's crowning achievment. It does not get any better than this. Even if they brought back Earth:2, and aired it against EMHE, I would stick to my guns. My remote would not waver. I would stand firm upon the promises of God.

I think I would like to walk on the moon. This is my sole reason for supporting capitalism. I must make enought money to reach the moon. No matter who I have to crush, I will prevail.

One-two-three-four. Why the [explicative deleted] ain't MCs MC no more?

If I had to have a man crush on any one person, I think it would be Conan O'Brien. I will not get into specifics.

Why do I have three phones in my apartment? Is there any need for this, really? And why are two of them not even hooked up? Do I have a problem that needs medical attention? Do I just need attention of any sort, period? Do I need to use a period in this paragraph? "."

I don't want to vote for anyone. That's not true, I want to vote for John McCain and Christine Todd Whitman. I want to get a lump in my throat when I hear a candidate talk. I want to weep openly when they are announced at the nominating convention. I want to cast a vote come November without feelings of guilt or shame. I want the impossible. I delude myself. I should take up tennis, and forget about believing in public officials. I should place my trust in Boris Becker and Gorin Isovich.

It's time for bed. I only need the tempature to drop another ten degrees, then things will be ideal for a good sleep. I hate it that the Rolling Stones have sold "You Can't Always Got What You Want" to some Sprint or McDonalds or Merril Lynch. Does it matter who? Does it matter?

No comments: