Sunday, July 11, 2004

watching flims at half speed

Yes, yes...I know it's late. But I've spent most of the night trying to get the internet to work on my computer. Oh-ho! That's right, I own my very own computer these days. Where have I been the last three weeks? In good old www.limbo.suck, where we are currently swapping ISPs at work, allowing me to check my email just once in that time. But Shady's back.

So news. Uh-huh, I have a beautiful new iMac, courtesy of the credit/debt society in which we live. Some might say I'm a fool (I might say I'm a fool), but I think it may be worth it. It took me a while to coax a dial-up connection out of my old apartment phone lines, but here I am. P.S., dial-up is as slow as ever. And by slow I mean not awesome or fun to use. But, it's better than nothing.

Summer at work is tremendous. There have been problems, but nothing that dampens the utter radicalness that is hanging out with kids all summer long. I am rediscovering some bands that I never really discovered in the first place: Spoon, the Walkmen, Stereolab, Godspeed..., Dntel; and loving every second of their little works of pop heaven. Last night, I found a story in my head from (first) senior year that might be fun to tell, so I started writing random things down. Fourth of July weekend, I almost drove to Edmonton, Canada, but decided against it when I realized I was broke. But that almost didn't stop me. Also, I have found a neato spot here in Lewistown to hang out where one can get away without actually going anywhere. But it's kind of a secret. More on that at a later date.

Many emails to write, and I will respond to each and every person except for Carrie, who just sends me emails from some eTicket place asking me to sign up for free movie tickets with email subjetcs like "Hey, Want Some Free Tickets?" or "Let's Get Free Tickets Together!" They are the bane of my existence. In fact, in these messages, I have found my Nemesis -- junk email from friends. I will die fighting this beast.

Okay then, I have to sleep now. Adios!

No comments: