Monday, November 15, 2004

consider this

"Charlie! You fucking bitch! Let's work this out!"
--John Cusack in High Fidelity


I'm feeling a little jilted today. This weekend hasn't been kind.

First up was the death of ODB, which sounds corny that I should be mourning the death of a Wu-Tang member, but I really don't care at this point. Maybe he wasn't the best, and maybe he wasn't a household name, but he was good, and he should've had longer to prove it.

The next piece of news was even more trivial. A girl I used to know got married last June. In the end, not a big deal. But I was trying to find an email address for her last night, when I ran across this. I'm really tired of this marriage thing.

And then this morning, the news wires are reporting that Colin Powell plans to resign from the Bush cabinet. Powell was the only principal in Bush's inner sanctum that I actually liked. And just when Mideast talks concerning the West Bank seem like a reality, he gets pushed out the door (don't assume that resignations mean that these people are leaving voluntarily; it's usually more like Washington-speak for "we want you gone").

Like I said, just a little jilted.

Finally, I realize I haven't been posting much positivity lately, and I do apologize. But I haven't found much positive in the world as of late. Oh sure, there's always John Cusack and Jimmy Stewart movies, but you know what I mean. As a politically moderate conservative, and a fairly pissed-off evangelical, I seem to be in a double minority.

But I'll always be a white.anglo-saxon.protestant, so you know, at least I have that to fall back on.

No comments: