Monday, February 14, 2005

bleep-bloop-bloop-bloop-bleep.org



I've been thinking a lot about things, and might have a bit too much to say. So instead, I say nothing, not being sure of what's important and what's not.

Rather than ramble, there's this song by a band named Low, that you should all listen to. It's the most romantic song about losing your hearing that has ever been written. I will not simply post the lyrics, because that's would make me hate the song. Instead, download it here, and listen for yourself.

(I hope it works; I've only used my website for photo hosting. Cross your fingers.)

Anyway, it starts like a typical Low song -- a little dark, a little sweet. But half-way through it turns into something Sonic Youth like, aka waves-of-death-rattle-guitar. Okay, maybe not THAT good -- more like Starflyer 59 walls-of-distortion-frenzy. Only minus the frenzy part.

I'm going to stop trying to describe it now, because I'm failing miserably.

Low-When I Go Deaf-mp3-getitnow.sucka

Tomorrow will be about Medicare/No Child Left Behind/Sugar-Free America/The Deficit/Bob Woodward/Quebec's Failed Unions/The Minimum Wage/Fast Food Nation/Global Warming/Bush At War/Steven Patrick Morrissey/dot.com/dot.org/dot.tv.

slash/dot

Today is about this song. And about how, in spite of what all the health/fashion/excercise industry tells you, ice cream is an essential part of a well-balanced diet.

End quote.

No comments: