Friday, February 18, 2005

for you weekend wishing pleasure



A recently downloaded cover of Oasis' "Wonderwall" by Chan Marshall of Cat Power has led me to believe that what the world really needs is an Oasis tribute album. I don' t know enough Oasis songs to fill out such an album, but I'm sure we could come up with some 14-odd candidates for the following artists to work on. The only stipulation is that only minimal electric instrumentation is to be used. I will be the final judge on all such matters, because, let's face it, this is my kick-a idea.

Chan Marshall (Cat Power)
Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes/Desaparecidos)
Damien Jurado
Daniel Smith (Danielson Famile/Bro. Danielson)
David Bazaan (Pedro the Lion)
Devendra Banhart
Jason Molina (Songs: Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co.)
Joanna Newsom
Jolie Holland
Mark Kozelek (Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters)
Mirah
Rosie Thomas
Sam Beam (Iron & Wine)
Sufjan Stevens

Someone with the proper contacts should get on this right away. So if you work for Sub Pop, I guess it's up to you to make this happen.

No comments: