Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Things we did in the past 48 hours



In no particular order:

  • Watched three episodes of Six Feet Under (mildly disappointed).
  • Did four loads of laundry (greatest sense of accomplishment this month so far).
  • Downloaded A Ghost Is Born, Uh Huh Her, A Grand Don’t Come For Free and No Wow (finally ready to compile my favorite albums of 2004 list).
  • Took pictures with my handy picture phone (see above).
  • Listened to the Stars' Set Yourself on Fire with headphones, twice (wanted to move to Montreal with headphones, twice).
  • Drove to Lake Zurich, had a smoothie, read the newest issue of Law of Inertia (fantastic Weezer interview with Brian Bell and Pat Wilson; ready to admit that Rivers is somewhat of a prick).
  • Drove to McHenry, had green tea, read the newest issues of Magnet and DIW (two, count ‘em two, cover stories on Sleater Kinney!).
  • Totally realized I had a crush on the girl who sold me the green tea (anyone who sells me tea is a-okay in my book).
  • Broke down and bought the new issue of Paste (even though I let my subscription expire).
  • Did the dishes (broke no glasses).
  • Watched PTI twice (entertained and informed).
  • Enjoyed Some Cities by the Doves while driving to and fro (wished U2 would just die and Doves would take their place).
  • Remembered how to email (sort of).
  • Watched A Love Song for Bobby Long, in half an hour blocks, savoring the backdrop, the white-haired-fatty of John Travolta and the mesmerizing Scarlett Johansson (still not finished).
  • Tried the new Chinese place in Lake Geneva (too soon to give a meaningful grade; the eggrolls were rad, though).
  • Finally started reading Pilgrim at Tinker Creek (something I meant to do last year in Montana).
  • Pissed off Noel when I said “Beverly Hills” kind of sucked (it does).
Now that my "weekend" is over, works beckons in less than 45 minutes.

And btw, knowing really is half the battle.

No comments: