In no particular order:
- Watched three episodes of Six Feet Under (mildly disappointed).
- Did four loads of laundry (greatest sense of accomplishment this month so far).
- Downloaded A Ghost Is Born, Uh Huh Her, A Grand Don’t Come For Free and No Wow (finally ready to compile my favorite albums of 2004 list).
- Took pictures with my handy picture phone (see above).
- Listened to the Stars' Set Yourself on Fire with headphones, twice (wanted to move to Montreal with headphones, twice).
- Drove to Lake Zurich, had a smoothie, read the newest issue of Law of Inertia (fantastic Weezer interview with Brian Bell and Pat Wilson; ready to admit that Rivers is somewhat of a prick).
- Drove to McHenry, had green tea, read the newest issues of Magnet and DIW (two, count ‘em two, cover stories on Sleater Kinney!).
- Totally realized I had a crush on the girl who sold me the green tea (anyone who sells me tea is a-okay in my book).
- Broke down and bought the new issue of Paste (even though I let my subscription expire).
- Did the dishes (broke no glasses).
- Watched PTI twice (entertained and informed).
- Enjoyed Some Cities by the Doves while driving to and fro (wished U2 would just die and Doves would take their place).
- Remembered how to email (sort of).
- Watched A Love Song for Bobby Long, in half an hour blocks, savoring the backdrop, the white-haired-fatty of John Travolta and the mesmerizing Scarlett Johansson (still not finished).
- Tried the new Chinese place in Lake Geneva (too soon to give a meaningful grade; the eggrolls were rad, though).
- Finally started reading Pilgrim at Tinker Creek (something I meant to do last year in Montana).
- Pissed off Noel when I said “Beverly Hills” kind of sucked (it does).
And btw, knowing really is half the battle.