Saturday, January 22, 2005

short posts



Maybe this is real dumb, but I had never heard of the weather term "cold snap" until just two weeks ago. Does everyone know what this means, or did someone in the news just invent it to make me feel dumb? Apparently, I'm in the middle of one, regardless of whether it's an old turn of phrase or this year's "metrosexual."

Anyhoo, tonight was the first night that my beard ever came in handy. I've had it since last spring, so it's never been through a winter before. But I worked outside tonight for a couple of hours in the great midwest snow storm that's still hounding outside my door, and my cheeks stayed mostly nice and warm. I have no complaints. My beard pulled through.

I did get stuck driving home though. I guess beards can't help with that.

No comments: