Wednesday, April 20, 2005

clothesline is a hard word to say

It's finally raining. It's been thundering for a good two hours now. I worked tonight until 11:00, and drove around a bit afterwards, but only a few sprinkles. So I watched an episode of the X-Files where Krycek gets him arm cut off with an awesome red-hot knife, and started 8-9pm of 24 season 2 on DVD. Somewhere around 8:04 Jack Bauer Time (1:15 local time) it started pouring.

I rented Hotel Rwanda, but I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it. Even though I've read and written about the events surrounding the film, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to see it like this, even within the confines of a talking picture. I'm not sure I'm willing to think that much, and feel that much, and I sure don't feel like getting pissed off again over the colossal failure of the West to do anything about it.

Besides, I've wanted to laugh a lot lately, and have been avoiding pure drama like the plague. Real drama based on real events would be the kiss of death for me right now. I'd be depressed for days.

So let's get back to 24 and the X-Files and Law & Order and Ed, and forget about reality for a little while longer. Yay for temporary bouts of self-induced ignorance!

No comments: