Sunday, April 03, 2005

I was wrong.



(This blog has become a bit fixated on spring and/or music as of late. If that's not alright with you then you're probably either dead and/or Charles Darwin-slash-John Maynard Keynes (no offense dead people who have died in the past week (famous and/or otherwise)))

Not real sure where to put the period on that one. Anyways...

Last August or September (I can't really remember which) Rilo Kiley's new full-length More Adventurous was released by Brute/Beaute to quite a bit of fanfare in the mainstream press. I thought it sucked. I was very, very wrong. It is good.

But here's the thing. This is no fall album. This is a March/April album for sure. It sounds ten times, nay 70 x 7 times better in the spring than it did during the awful month that was November 2004. This is green grass and random swearsies and slide guitar. Also, Jenny Lewis' makes-me-weak-in-the-knees voice. If this is what being wrong feels like, I never want to be right again. And that's mostly not melodramady. I just really like good music.

So yay for More Adventurous! Yay for false first impressions! And yay for April showers!

Next, more music news, as I receive my brand new copy of Drunkard's Prayer by Over the Rhine in the mail. Boy howdy!

No comments: